Following is required for the successful install and usage of this theme.
1. Framework, Theme & Plugin
- WordPress (Latest Version) – freely download it from wordpress.org website.
- Genesis Framework (v2.0+) – You will not get the Genesis Framework for any circumstances. You’ll purchase directly from studiopress.com website.
- GBeaver Child Theme – purchase directly from WP Beaver World website.
- Beaver Builder Plugin – purchase directly from WP Beaver Builder website.
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis eNews Extended
- Contact Form 7
- WooCommerce (Optional)
- Genesis Connect for WooCommerce (Optional)
Download the GBeaver Theme
- Login to My Account page.
- Click on “Order” link and download all files on your local machine
Installing Framework and Child Theme
Before starting the theme installation, please make sure that the latest version of WordPress is already installed on your system and you have the login details of your Dashboard.
There are two ways in which you can install the Genesis Framework and child theme:
- Manual file transfer via FTP, and
- Automatic ‘Upload Theme’ option from the WordPress Dashboard.
Please find the instructions for both of these options below:
1. Uploading through the WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance -> Themes option.
- Click the Add New button at the top.
- Click the Upload Theme button at the right side of the ‘Add Themes’.
- Click Browse button and then find or browse to the theme zip file on your computer. Select the genesis.zip file and then click the Install button.
- Similarly, upload the zip file of GBeaver child theme by following the same procedure.
2. Uploading the framework & theme via FTP client
- Unzip or extract the zip file into respective folders.
- Using a FTP client, log in to your server. You can either use the web FTP option located in the hosting control panel or use any free FTP software program (like FileZilla).
- Navigate to wp-content/themes directory (folder) location. Transfer the ‘genesis’ and ‘gbeaver’ folder to this folder location.
Install the Beaver Builder Plugin
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add New page
- Click on “Upload Plugin” button
- Browse the file and select the Beaver Builder zip file
- Click on “Install Now” button
- Activate the Beaver Builder Plugin
Now navigate to Appearance -> Themes, click on “Activate” button and activate the GBeaver Child theme.